Before You join Yoga Teacher Training
Get Prepared Physically and mentally.
If you are new to Yoga, find out some Yoga classes in your city or town. To start with Hatha Yoga is the best, which is suitable for everyone and it includes gentle asanas with relaxation. If you are already fitness oriented and have excellent stamina, you can try Ashtanga Yoga for beginners. Start practicing asanas 3/4 times a week. In few months you will feel the changes in your body and thinking pattern.
Yoga practice can give you more energy and strength, and it is important to practice regularly. If you can check your diet and make sure you eat healthy vegetarian food and sleep in time that can nurture your Yoga practice. You will feel a sense of wellbeing is increasing week by week.
Feeling inspired to do Yoga Teacher Training?
Are you inspired to be a Yoga teacher? Do you feel ready to go deeper into Yoga than practicing daily Yoga? Understanding of Yoga Philosophy and it’s Holistic science behind it? If your answer is Yes, then it is time to check right Yoga school.
How to prepare yourself for Yoga training?
1. Check your budget
2. Location – Choose if you want to do training in your country or these popular Yoga destinations?
E. Costa Rica
3. Check the weather – It is essential to make your training enjoyable.
4. Choose a Yoga School, book the course
5. Make Travel plans – Book flights, Apply for Visa
6. Continue your Yoga practice and study
7. Stay in touch with School
How to choose Yoga school for Yoga Teacher Training?
1. Check if Yoga school is registered by Yoga Alliance to offer you valid certification.
2. Choose Yoga style and program in which you want to do your training
3. Take a look online Accommodation options, what type of food and ask if you have any questions before you book
4. Check the fees, what includes and excludes. Cancellation policy. Compare with other schools at the same location.
5. Read some reviews about school online, take a look at the Facebook page.
6. Book directly with the school than through third parties; you might get some discount
7. After booking your training, ask for pre-reading material to get prepared for the course.
How to be in Yoga Teacher Training?
Now you are stepping into your training; few tips will be helpful for you.
1. It is a new beginning of your life. Stay in the present moment. Time is precious, do not discuss personal stories with fellow students or teachers.
2. Once you choose the school, trust it’s teaching process and way of teaching. Do not compare your past Yoga education with your current training.
3. Be adaptable to surrounding, atmosphere, teachers, students, food. When you surrender and let go, you will feel unburdened. If something is not suitable for you, ask politely.
4. Always be ready to learn if something is positive and valuable, come out of your comfort zone.
5. Be respectful of your boundary. No teacher is allowed to be unethical with students. Sexual misconduct is unacceptable from the school and teachers.
6. Be friendly with Teachers and students. Maintain harmonious relationship with everyone. Do not hide your questions about training and personal process.
7. Take responsibility for your body, mind, and emotions. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses will give you a chance to improve yourself.
Wish you all the best for a new journey!